New Delhi: Every year Army Day is celebrated on January 15. This time 68th Army Day is celebrated all over India. Every year to commemorate the day when Lieutenant General K. M. Cariappa took over as Commander-in-Chief of India on January 1949. So here are the some interesting pictures, facts and video related to 68th Indian Army Day.
68th Indian Army Day celebrated: Find out some Interesting facts
1) Indian Army Day was established in 1776 under the British Government in Kolkata
2) India is the biggest “volunteer” army in the world
3) The Indo-Pakistan War of 1971 ended with the surrender of about 93,000 combatants and officials of the Pakistani Army.
4) The Baily Bridge is the highest bridge in the world. It is located in the Ladakh valley between Dras and Suru rivers in the Himalayan mountains. It was built by the Indian Army in August 1982.
5) The Siachen Glacier, 5000 metres above sea level, is the highest battlefield in the world. And the Indian Army controls it.
Indian Army Day Video
Stay Updated with us NDAexamresult.com