We found that mostly students are searching for AFCAT selection process. They need to know selection process for flying duty, technical duty and ground duty. As we know AFCAT 2 2016 application form has been released on 4th June 2016. Newbie students longed their desire to know about the process of selection in AFCAT. We are going to tell the whole AFCAT selection process for all of the three branches.
AFCAT Selection Process details 2016
Candidates have to pass through three rounds:
- Medical (This is not stage but still it is an examination)
Now we will give a descriptive information about Written, Interview & Medical. Here we go with Written round
- There are four sections: : General Awareness, Verbal Ability, Numerical Ability, Reasoning & Military Aptitude Test.
- Total duration: 2 hours
- Total number of questions: 100
- Total marks: 300 marks
- For every wrong answer there is also negative marking of 1 mark
Interview (Services Selection Board, SSB)
Students who clear first written round will be called for the next round by receiving call letter. You have to report any one of the Air Force Selection Boards located at Dehradun, Varanasi, Gandhinagar and Mysore. You have to pass through two stages at AFSB (Air Force Selection Board). Interview round is of six days.
a) Stage 1 testing:
- Officer Intelligence rating Test
- Picture perception and Discussion Test
Stage 1 is a screening test. This test is conducted on the very first day. The screening test consisting of verbal and non-verbal reasoning test and a picture perception and description test (PPDT). Students who qualify will be asked for their document verification eligible for the branches applied for. Disqualified students will be sent back on the very first day.
b) Stage 2 testing
- This stage consists of Psychological test, Group Test and Interview. This test will be conducted on subsequent days (Five Days)
- Psychological Tests are written tests that are conducted by a Psychologist.
- Group Tests are interactive indoor and outdoor activities which are a combination of mental and physical work.
(c) For Flying Branch only:
CPSS (Computerlist Piloty Selection System) and Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT) would be administered to eligible candidates
Qualified students are sent for medical examination at Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME), New Delhi or Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru. Candidates have to fulfill all the medical criteria.
The final merit list is prepared on the performance in the written test & AFSB interview.
Final candidates are selected on the availability of vacant seats.
*There is also 10% of the vacancies are reserved for NCC Air Wing ‘C’ certificate holders in Technical and Ground Duty Branches.
So here we end this topic. By our side we have covered all the information. If you like this post please share with us below by dropping comment below.
You can go through our related posts:
- AFCAT 2 2016 apply online
- AFCAT 2 age limit 2016
- AFCAT 2 2016 exam date
- AFCAT 2 2016 eligibility criteria
- EKT syllabus 2016
You can also update yourself by following:
- Liking us on our Facebook page “Crack Defence Exam”
- Subscribing with us (At the right side bar)
Stay connected with NDAexamresult.com regarding AFCAT selection process.