Previously we updated the Part 1 of Ancient History Questions. It’s time for the next part that is Part 2. We advise first go thought the Part 1 and then read Part 2. Do not forget to give your valuable feedback.
1) Name any two main sources of information of Mauryan Empire?
- Arthasastra wriiten by Kautilya
- Indica written by Megasthenes
2) Specify the period rule of Mauryan Empire
3) Who was the last Nanda ruler dethroned by Chandragupta Maurya?
4) Name the ambassador of Selucus who was sent to Chandragupta’s Court?
5) To whom Selucus daughter “Helina” was married?
6) Under whose influence Chandragupta Maurya embraced Jainism?
Bhadrabahu, a renowned Jain Muni
7) What title did Bindusara assume?
Ans. Amitraghata (killer of the enemies).
8) Who was the governor of Taxila during the reign of Bindusara?
Susim, the eldest son of Bindusara
9) When and where Ashoka was born?
August 304 BC at Pataliputra
10) Who were the parents of Ashoka?
Parents: Shubhadrangi, Bindusara
11) Who did give the lessons of Buddhism to Ashoka?
Ans. Famous monk of his time Upgupta.
12) Who was the governor of Ujjain during the reign of Bindusara?
13) During the reign of Bindusara at which place the public revolted and why?
Ans. At Taxila, due to maladministration of Susim, the governor of Taxila. (This revolt was suppressed by Ashoka)
14) According to Buddha textes how many Stupas was built by Ashoka?
15) List the famous stupas with their location built by Ashoka?
- Sanchi Stupa Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Sarnath near Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- Bharhut near Satna, Madhya Pradesh
16) What was the script used in Ashoka’s edicts?
17) Name the son and daughter of Ashoka who were sent to Sri Lanka to spread Buddhism
Daugther: Sanghamitra & Son: Mahendra
18) Who was the last Mauryan ruler?
Brihadratha (He was assassinated by his Brahmin Commander-in-chief, Pushyamitra Sunga
19) In which scripts the inscriptions of Ashoka were engraved ?
Ans. Brahmi, Kharoshti, Greek and Aramaik. A lot of information can be known by inscriptions of Ashoka
20) When Ashoka was died?
Died: 232 BC, Pataliputra
We will back with Part 3 soon……………………………………………………
Please tell us how we are doing?