CDS Syllabus 2016
Topics covered in this post
- Introduction to CDS exam
- CDS exam pattern 2016
- CDS Syllabus 2016
UPSC Union Public Service Commission is conducting CDS Combined Defence Services exam on 14 Feb 2016 and 23 October 2016. Students we have detailed syllabus of CDS 2016.As we know around three months are left so start preparing for CDS exam. So first have a short look on CDS exam pattern and read syllabus. CDS syllabus separately provided for English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics.
CDS Exam pattern
For Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy and Naval Academy
|General Knowledge||100||2 hrs|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hrs|
Total marks: 300
For Officers Training Academy
|English (objective type)||100||2 hrs|
|General Knowledge||100||2 hrs|
Total marks: 200
CDS Syllabus Details
PAPER – 1: ENGLISH:
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words
- Reading Comprehension
- Error Spotting
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Correction
PAPER – 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE:
- Questions will be asked from
- Current events
- History of India
- Geography etc….
PAPER – 3: ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS:
Questions will be more asked from the following topics:
1) Number System
- Natural numbers
- Real and Rational numbers
- Fundamental Operations
- Square roots
2) Unitary method
- time and work
- time and distance
- applications to simple and compound interest
- ratio and proportion
- profit and loss
3) Elementary Number Theory
- Prime and composite numbers.
- Division algorithm
- Tests of divisibility by 2, 3,4,5,9 and 11
- Factorisation Theorem
- Multiples and factors
- H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm
- laws of logarithms
- Logarithms to base 10
- use of logarithmic tables.
- Basic Operations
- Remainder Theorem,
- simple factors
- Theory of polynomials
- H.C.F., L.C.M.
- relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered)
- Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions.
- Solutions of quadratic equations
- Simultaneous linear in equations in two variables and their solutions
- Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or in equations in two Variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions
- rational expressions and conditional identities
- Set language and set notation
- Laws of indices.
- Use of trigonometric tables.
- Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 0 Simple trigonometric identities.
- Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Plane and plane figures
- Lines and angles
- Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a Point(ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normal, (ix) Loci.
- Areas of squares
- triangle and circle
- Areas of figures which Can be split up into these figures (Field Book)
- lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders
- Surface area and volume of cuboid
- surface area and Volume of spheres
- Graphical representation
- pie charts
- frequency Polygons
- bar charts etc….
- Collection and tabulation of statistical data
- Measures of central tendency
Also check NDA syllabus here
If our CDS candidates wanna check more details then keep in touch with us. We will be back with lot more notifications also if you have query please drop the comment below. Our panel will resolve your problem immediately.
Stay connected with NDAexamresult.com