Recently notifications were released about Indian Coast Guard and Indian Navy. But many of the students wanna to know about what is the difference between Indian Coast Guard & Indian Navy? So we are here to solve queries of our aspirants preparing either for Indian Coast Guard and Indian Navy.
This post will include:
- What is Indian Navy?
- What is Indian Coast Guard?
- What is the difference between Indian Coast Guard & Indian Navy?
- What are the official websites?
- What is the recent recruitment notification for Indian Coast Guard & Indian Navy?
Let’s start with Indian Navy
What is Indian Navy? (भारतीय नौ सेना)
- “Indian Navy” the naval branch of the armed forces of India.
- It was first founded in year 1830 which is active till present day.
- Around 2300 BC during Harappan Civilization it is believed the world’s first tidal block was built at Lothal, near the present day Mangrol harbour on the Gujarat coast.
- Our Indian Navy has long history for about 5,600 years back.
- The President of India who serves as the Commander-in-Chief of the Navy.
What are the duties and responsibilities of Indian Navy?
- Their duty is to protect India’s diplomatic interests and maritime which involves protecting the welfare of our citizens in foreign lands and sending diplomatic missions to other countries. (It was done when the agitation against Gaddafi was on, we sent our ships to evacuate Indian citizens.
- Indian Navy protects our ships from pirates and enemies.
- Enhances its international relations through humanitarian missions, joint exercises, port visits and disaster relief.
- The last but not the least the main motto is to act against military threats.
We are heading towards Indian Coast Guard
What is Indian Coast Guard? (भारतीय तटरक्षक)
- “Indian Coast Guard” which is the fourth armed force of the Union of India.
- It was first set up in the year 1978, 19 August by Indian Coast Guard act.
- It is operated under the supervision of “Ministry of Defence” and headquartered at New Delhi. While the organization is headed by Director General.
- It has a wide range of task capabilities for both surface and air operations.
What are the duties and responsibilities of Indian Coast Guard?
- Providing safety and protection of offshore terminals, artificial Islands, installations and other structures and devices in any maritime zone.
- Ensuring protection to fishermen including assistance to them at sea while in distress.
- Rescue operations and other safety measures for people lost at seashore or sea are mostly done by the coast guard.
- Indian Coast Guard Preserves maritime scenario/environment also includes control of maritime pollution.
Difference between Indian Coast Guard and Indian Navy
Here we are differentiating all the points between Indian Coast Guard and Indian Navy so here are they:
|Indian Coast Guard||Indian Navy|
|Indian Coast Guard is more like of BSF (Border Security Force) where they enforces law, controls organization and serve border defence.||The main motto is to act against military threats.|
|Secure and protection of India's maritime interests & enforcement of maritime law with jurisdiction over both territorial and international waters.||They secure the nation's maritime borders from pirates or ships of enemies.|
|Indian Coast Guard is equipped with fast and small ships||While on the other hand the Indian navy is equipped with slower, bigger ships.|
|Indian Coast Guard patrol 12-200 nautical miles from coastline.||While they patrol waters from 200 nautical miles.
They fight during against wars and attacks
|In the simple language, they protects coastal areas.||They secures sea areas.|
|For example: the agitation against Gaddafi was on, we sent our ships to evacuate Indian citizens.||For example: Gujrat Pakistan Boat incident. Pakistani boats were carrying some terrorist exploded items but they were chased by Indian Coast guard officers. More news here at click here.|
What are the official websites?
Official website of Indian Navy: http://www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/
Official website of Indian Coast Guard: http://www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/
Latest recruitment notifications:
- Indian Coast Guard recruitment as Assistant Commandant, 4 days left apply soon
- Indian Navy Recruitment 2016 for 10+2
If our aspirants want to add more points in this article, please comment below or mail us we will add your view/opinions and also mention your name.
Tell us how was the post was it useful to you?
Like our Facebook page, “Crack Defence Exam“
Stay in touch with us NDAexamresult.com for more details about Difference between Indian Coast Guard & Indian Navy.