How to join Indian Territorial Army
Serving nation comes by your passion. Apart from Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, Indian Coast Guard and many more. Indian Army also offers stupendous chance to work as a Territorial Army Officer for the country. This is an additional force for an Indian Army. Today I am going to reveal its many more secrets 😉 I am just kidding, the whole post will give you detail regarding How to join Territorial Army.
What is Territorial Army?
The Territorial Army (TA) is composed of volunteers who receive military training for a few days in a year so that in case of an emergency they can be mobilised for the defence of the country.
- Only male citizens of India and Ex-service officers who are medically fit.
- Age – 18 to 42 years
- Qualification – Graduate from any recognized university
- Employment – Gainfully Employed in Central Govt/Semi Govt/ Pvt Firm/ Own business/Self Employed
- The Employment News publishes in June – July and December – January each year.
- Note : Serving Employees of Armed Forces/Police/Para Military Forces are not eligible
For Civilian Candidates:
- Stage I, Preliminary Interview Board: There will be a written examination consisting of two papers 1) English 2) General Awareness. Those who qualify with minimum of 50% marks, they will be called for an interview. Must go through the syllabus, the link is given below
Recommended read: Territorial Army Syllabus
- Stage II, SSB: After qualifying written exam candidates have to face SSB interview. Interview will be conducted in their respective centres. After the successful conduction of SSB interview exam, candidates will be retained for the medical examination.
For Ex Service Officers Only
- Ex Service Officers have to send their application to Addl Directorate General TA, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army), ‘L’ Block, New Delhi-01 along with enclosures as mentioned in application form
- The candidates are screened by an Army HQ Selection Board (ASB) held at Addl Dte Gen TA Army HQ, ‘L’ Block, New Delhi. The final selection will be done by Medical Board
Recommended Read: Territorial Army previous year question paper
Benefits of Territorial Army
- After training candidates will join Territorial Army as a Lieutenant
- Pay and allowances are same as the regular army officers when called for training and military service
- Promotions are specified below:
a) Captain in 4 years
b) Major in 8 years
c) Lt.Col in 15 years
d) Colonel and brigadier are based on selection.
4. CSD and medical facilities for yourself and family.
This article was useful for you?
Hope you have got lot of details regarding How to join Indian Territorial Army.
In case if you have query in your mind feel free to contact us or leave the comment below. We will feel happy to help our students.