I am again here to present new post with different topic. Today I am going to provide Indian Geography questions with answers. These questions will help you out. Some students preparing for CDS, AFCAT requested us to update posts on History, Geography and Economics. Already I have discussed History questions. In the next post I am going to target Economics. Now have a look on these Geography questions:
Indian Geography Questions
1) Which among the following is the chief crop of Deccan Plateau?
2) Big Bang theory explains ?
- Origin of Universe.
- Origin of Sun.
- Laws of physics.
- None of above.
3) The term “Isopycnic” is most closely defined by which among the following?
- Two places with same atmospheric pressure
- Two liquids with same viscosity
- Two liquids with same density
- Two places with same temperature
4) Which is the Oldest port in India ?
- Port Blair
5) Which one of the following is the junction point of the Eastern Ghats & Western Ghats?
- Javadi Hills
- Anaimalai Hills
- Nilgiri Hills
- Shevaroy Hills
6) Great Indian Peninsula ends in Indian Ocean with ____________ being its southernmost tip.
- Cape Comorin
- Cape town
- Tropic of Cancer
7) Which among the following regions of Earth’s surface are called Horse Latitudes ?
- Equatorial Low Pressure Belt
- Sub Tropical High Pressure Belt
- Sub Polar Low Pressure Belt
- Polar belts
8) The Salal Project is on the river
9) The Gulf of Mannar is situated along the coast which state in India?
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
10) With reference to the climate of India, the western disturbances originate over which one of the following ?
- Arabian Sea
- Baltic Sea
- Caspian Sea
- Mediterranean Sea
11) The length of the Indian coast line is—
- 5000 km
- 5500 km
- 7516·6 km
- 5800 km
12) The typical area of sal forest in the Indian peninsular upland occurs
- on the western ghats
- between the Tapti and the Narmada
- to the north-east of the Godavari
- on the Malwa plateau
13) Which atomic power station in India is built completely indigenously?
14) Which of the following rivers have almost the same point of emerging ?
- Brahmaputra and Ganga
- Tapi and Beas
- Brahmaputra and Indus
- Indus and Ganga
15) Indo-Gangetic plains are formed by the basins of following river –
- The Indus
- The Ganges
- The Brahmaputra
- All the above
2) Origin of Universe
3) Two liquids with same density
5) Nilgiri Hills
6) Cape Comorin
7) Sub Tropical High Pressure Belt
9) Tamil Nadu
10) Arabian Sea
11) 7516·6 km
12) on the Malwa plateau
14) Brahmaputra and Indus
15) All the above
Please give us your feedback
This article was useful to you? Drop the comment below
People also read:
- General Science Questions Part 1
- Ancient Indian History Questions Test 2
- Ancient Indian History questions for all competitive exams Test 1
Don’t forget to like us on Facebook
Stay updated with us for more Indian Geography questions