NDA which is considered the most likely exam after Twelfth. Male candidates can apply for NDA exam. NDA 1 application forms 2016 were released on 2nd January. We also activated the link on the same day itself. Candidates who are new to this exam are eagerly desired to know about NDA Pay Scale or Salary. So here in this post we are providing a brief detail about NDA Pay Scale below
NDA Pay Scale or Salary details
(a) Rank Pay Band (Rs.)
- Lieutenant to Major: 15,600—39,100/- (PB-3)
- Lieutenant Colonel to Major: 37,400—67,000/- (PB-4)
- General Lieutenant Gen HAG: 67,000/-(annual increment @3%)–79,000/-
- General Lieutenant Gen HAG: 75,500/-(annual increment @3%) 80,000/-
- VCOAS/Army Cdr /Lt Gen(NFSG): 80,000/- (fixed)
- COAS: 90,000/- (fixed)
(*Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt Gens)
(b) Grade Pay will also be given as under :—
- Lieutenant: Rs. 5,400/-
- Captain: Rs. 6,100/-
- Major: Rs. 6,600/-
- Lieutenant Colonel: Rs. 8,000/-
- Colonel: Rs. 8,700/-
- Brigadier: Rs. 8,900/-
- Maj General: Rs. 10,000/-
(c) A Fixed sum of Rs. 6,000/- p.m. is also payable as Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lt to Brig.
(iii) QUALIFICATION PAY AND GRANT
Officers possessing certain prescribed Qualification are entitled to lump sum Qualification Grant of Rs. 6,000/-, 9,000/-, 15,000/- or 20,000/- based on the qualification held by them
1) Qualification Pay
- Master Aviation Instructor—Rs. 500/- p.m.
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class I—Rs. 400/- p.m.
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class II—Rs. 280/- p.m.
- Aviators holding Master Green Card—Rs. 400/- p.m.
- Aviators holding Green Card Rs. 280/- p.m.
The Army Aviators (Pilots) serving in the Army Aviation Corps. are entitled to flying allowance:
- Brigadier & above: Rs. 10,500/-
- Major to Colonel: Rs. 14,000/-
- Captain: Rs. 11,000/-
- Lieutenant: Rs. 9,000/-
In addition to pay, an officer at present receives the following allowances :
(a) Dearness Allowances are admissible at the same rates and under the same conditions as are applicable to the Civilian Gazetted Officers from time to time.
(b) A kit maintenance allowance of Rs. 400/- p.m.
(c) Depending upon rank and area of posting, officer posted to Field Areas will be eligible for compensatory
- Highly Active Field Area Allowance at the rate of Rs. 6,780/- to Rs. 8,400/- p.m.
- Compensatory Field Area Allowance at the rate of Rs. 4,200/- to Rs. 5,200/- p.m.
- Compensatory Modified Field Area Allowance at the rate of Rs. 1,600/- to Rs. 2,000/- p.m.
(d) High Altitude Allowance in the range of Rs. 1,060/- p.m. to Rs. 11,200/- p.m. depending upon rank of the officer and place of posting.
(e) Uniform allowance : Initial allowance for one time kit @ Rs. 14,000/- and
Rs. 3,000/- for every three years.
(f) Transport allowance : Transport @ Rs. 3,200/- + DA thereon p.m. in A- 1/A class Cities and Rs. 1,600/- + DA thereon p.m. at other places shall be
admissible to officers.
Note : In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these
allowances have been further enhanced by 50% as Dearness Allowance has
gone up by 100%.
Please refer official notification for more details
Related posts to NDA exam
Is this article useful for you?
Candidate if you find any kind of query in this post. Feel free to leave the comment below.
Like our Facebook page, “Crack Defence Exam“
Stay connected with NDAexamresult.com regarding NDA Pay Scale or Salary details