NDA Syllabus 2017: UPSC scheduled NDA 2017 exam in upcoming months April and September 2017. As we all know every year around three lakhs candidates appear in this examination. Candidates if you are thinking to prepare for NDA 2017 then calm down. We are here to help our readers in providing all the info about NDA exam. This is the detailed syllabus of Mathematics and General Ability. As per your convenience you can also download NDA syllabus 2017 at the end of the post. This latest syllabus will help you to prepare very well. You can also read details about NDA 2017 here.
Let me give a NDA Exam Pattern
NDA consist of two subjects:
|Name of the subject||Subject code||Total marks|
Also Check: NDA Previous Year Answer Key
Let’s have a look on Latest NDA syllabus
UPSC NDA Mathematics syllabus 2017
- Operations on sets
- Concept of a set
- De Morgan laws
- Cartesian product
- Venn diagrams
- equivalence relation
- Representation of real numbers on a line.
- Complex numbers – modulus
- cube roots of unity
- basic properties
- Binary system of numbers
- Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa.
- Arithmetic, Harmonic and Geometric progressions
- Quadratic equations with real coefficients.
- Permutation and Combination
- Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs
- Logarithms and their applications
- Binomial theorem and its application
2) Matrices and Determinants
- Types of matrices
- operations on matrices
- basic properties of determinants
- Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix
- Determinant of a matrix
- Applications – Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer’s rule and by Matrix Method.
- Trigonometrical ratios
- Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae
- Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians
- Inverse trigonometric functions
- Multiple and Sub-multiple angles
- properties of triangles
- Applications – Height and distance
4. Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions
- Distance formula
- Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system
- Angle between two lines
- Equation of a line in various forms
- Equation of a circle in standard and in general form
- Distance of a point from a line
- Standard forms of parabola
- hyperbola and ellipse
- Eccentricity and axis of a conic
- Direction Cosines and direction ratios
- distance between two points
- Angle between two lines and angle between two planes
- Point in a three dimensional space
- Equation of a plane and a line in various forms
- Equation of a sphere
5) Differential Calculus
- Concept of a real valued function – domain, range and graph of a function
- Notion of limit
- Standard limits – examples
- Composite functions
- onto and inverse functions
- one to one functions
- Continuity of functions – examples
- algebraic operations on continuous functions
- geometrical and physical interpretation of a derivative – applications
- Derivatives of sum, quotient and product of functions
- Derivative of function at a point
- derivative of a composite function
- derivative of a function with respect of another function
- Increasing and decreasing functions
- Second order derivatives
- Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima
6) Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
- Integration as inverse of differentiation
- standard integrals involving algebraic expressions
- integration by substitution and by parts
- exponential and hyperbolic functions
- Evaluation of definite integrals – determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves – applications
- Formation of a differential equation by examples
- Definition of order and degree of a differential equation
- Solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types – examples
- General and particular solution of a differential equation
- Application in problems of growth and decay
7) Vector Algebra
- Vectors in two and three dimensions
- magnitude and direction of a vector
- Unit and null vectors
- scalar multiplication of vector
- scalar product or dot product of two-vectors
- addition of vectors
- Vector product and cross product of two vectors.
- Applications-work done by a force and moment of a force and in geometrical problems
8) Statistics and Probability
- Classification of data
- cumulative frequency distribution – examples
- Frequency distribution
- Frequency Polygon – examples
- Graphical representation – Pie Chart, Histogram
- Measures of Central tendency – Mean, Mode and Median
- Correlation and regression
- Variance and standard deviation – determination and comparison
- Random experiment
- outcomes and associated sample space
- mutually exclusive and exhaustive events
- Union and Intersection of events
- impossible and certain events
- elementary and composite events
- Definition of probability – statistical and classical– examples
- Conditional probability
- Elementary theorems on probability – simple problems
- Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binomial distribution
- Bayes’ theorem – simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space
UPSC NDA General Ability Syllabus
Part A – English
- Grammar and usage
- use of words
- cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English
Part B – General Knowledge
The question paper on General Knowledge broadly covers the subjects:
Physics, Chemistry, Social Studies, General Science, Current Events and Geography.
Section A: Physics
a) Physical Properties and States of Matter
- Density and Specific Gravity
- Pressure Barometer
- Principle of Archimedes
- Motion of objects
- Velocity and Acceleration
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Force and Momentum
- Stability and Equilibrium of bodies
- Parallelogram of Forces
- elementary ideas of work
- Power and Energy.
- Measurement of temperature and heat
- Effects of Heat
- Modes of transference of Heat
- change of State and Latent Heat
- Sound waves and their properties
- Simple musical instruments.
- Reflection and refraction
- Rectilinear propagation of Light
- Spherical mirrors and Lenses
- Human Eye
- Natural and Artificial Magnets
- Earth as a Magnet
- Properties of a Magnet
- Static and Current Electricity
- Ohm’s Law
- Simple Electrical Circuits
- conductors and Non-conductors
- Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current
- Primary and Secondary Cells
- Measurement of Electrical Power
- Use of X-Rays
g) General Principles in the working of the following:
- Simple Pendulum
- Simple Pulleys
- Pressure Cooker
- Thermos Flask
- Lightening Conductors
- Mariner’s Compass
- Safety Fuses
Section B: Chemistry
- Physical and Chemical changes
- Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Symbols, Formulae and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination ( excluding problems ). Properties of Air and Water.
- Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen and Carbon dioxide, Oxidation and Reduction.
- Acids, bases and salts.
- Carbon – different forms.
- Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial
- Material used in the preparation of substances like soap Paints, Safety Matches, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement and Gun-Powder.
- Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom
- Equivalent and Molecular Weights
Section C: History
- Freedom Movement
- A broad survey of Indian History with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation.
- Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration.
- Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India.
- Panchayati Raj, Co-operatives and Community Development.
- National Integration and Welfare State
- Bhoodan, Sarvodaya
- Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance
- Exploration and Discovery
- War of American Independence
- Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution
- French Revolution
- Impact of Science and Technology on Society
- United Nations,
- Concept of one World
- Socialism and Communism
- Role of India in the present world.
Section D: General Science
- Difference between the living and non-living.
- Basis of Life – Cells, protoplasm and Tissues.
- Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals.
- Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs.
- Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention.
- Food – Source of Energy for man. Constituents of food, Balanced Diet.
- The Solar System – Meteors and Comets, Eclipses.
- Achievements of Eminent Scientists.
Section E: Current Events
- Current important world events
- Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years.
- Prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports
Section F: Geography
- The Earth its shape and size
- Latitudes and Longitudes
- Movements of Earth and their effects
- Concept of time. International Date Line
- Origin of Earth
- Rocks and their classification
- Earthquakes and volcanoes
- Weathering – Mechanical and Chemical
- Ocean Currents and Tides
- Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure
- Atmosphere and its composition
- Planetary Winds
- cyclones and Anti-cyclones
- Condensation and Precipitation
- Types of Climate. Major Natural regions of the World.
- Regional Geography of India – Natural vegetation and Climate
- Mineral and Power resources; location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities
- Important Sea ports and main sea
- land and air routes of India
- Main items of Imports and Exports of India.
Out of maximum marks assigned to part ‘B’ of this paper, questions on Sections A, B, C, D, E and F will carry approximately 25%, 15%, 10%, 20%, 20% and 10% weightages respectively.
Candidates if you have some kind of query in your mind. Please drop the comment below or feel free to contact us.
We will feel happy to help you!!!
For more information click here: www.upsc.gov.in
Be connected with us NDAexamresult.com for more updates regarding UPSC NDA Syllabus
Tags: NDA exam syllabus, UPSC NDA syllabus, NDA syllabus 2016, syllabus of NDA, syllabus for NDA, NDA syllabus for entrance exam, NDA syllabus